Now entering its 44th year, WasteExpo is North America’s largest solid waste and recycling tradeshow serving both the private and public sectors. Whether you come from the public sector, a small, medium or large private sector waste management company or a manufacturer or supplier, WasteExpo is your once-a-year event!
Who Should Attend
Attendees are key buyers representing the private sector, public sector/municipalities and waste generators from all industries. Attendees also include waste processors, equipment manufacturers and all other segments of the industry.
Waste Expo Attendees Include:
- Private Refuse Firms/Independent Contractors - including Landfill Owner/Operators (solid/liquid/hazardous)
- Government - including Municipalities, County Agencies, Regional Authorities, Special Districts, State and Federal Governments and Landfill Owners/Operators
- Trucking Professionals - including Fleet Owners, Operators and Maintenance Professionals
- General Contractors
- Medical Waste Professionals - including Medical Waste Generators, Transporters and Service Providers; Manufacturers; Distributors and Users of Medical Waste Products; and Federal, State and Local Regulators
- Landfill Professionals - including Private and Public Sector Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) Landfill Owners/Operators/Engineers and MSW Equipment Suppliers
- Waste Generators - Businesses and Organizations that Create Waste in Manufacturing, Retailing and/or Providing Services
- Secondary Material Processors, Contractors and Recyclers
- Consulting Engineering Firms, Consultants, Architects, Research and/or Development Organizations
- Equipment Manufacturers
- Distributors and Dealers
- Legal, Insurance and Financial Firms, and others allied to the field
The Benefits of Exhibiting
Reach the entire solid waste and recycling industry by exhibiting at waste expo. Waste expo gives you so much more for your tradeshow dollar.
As an exhibitor at waste expo you will get:
- Exhibit space on the show floor - prime locations still available
- 4 times more buyers than the next closest trade show
- Opportunity to purchase pre- and post-show attendee lists available only to WasteExpo exhibitors - to drive serious buyers directly to your booth
- FREE online listing on wasteexpo.com so attendees and prospects can learn more about you - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Exhibitor listing in printed and electronic promotional materials to help you make connections you need for a successful show
- VIP Tickets - FREE admission to the conference sessions for your booth personnel
- Discounted admission to the conference sessions for your customers
- FREE admission to the WasteExpo Welcome Reception
- Company/Product listing in the official WasteExpo Show Directory - an attendee buying guide that is used before, during and even after the Show
- Unlimited sponsorship opportunities that can easily and cost-effectively expand your exposure from 3 days to 6-9 months of selling time!
- The support of an integrated marketing program that's focused on delivering industry professionals directly to you! Targeted marketing campaign consists of print advertising in leading industry publications, direct mail, email, and website advertising
- The assurance that comes from knowing you are working with professionals. No one knows tradeshows like WasteExpo's Show Management. No one knows the industry better than WasteExpo's sponsors - Environmental Industry Associations and Waste Age Magazine
- Support of industry organizations and allied publications.
- Each year, WasteExpo has supported this industry by giving back over $1 million in cash and in-kind services to industry associations and entities like the Environmental Industry Associations (EIA/NSWMA/WASTEC) and the Environmental Research and Education Foundation (EREF).
- Co-located conferences - receive additional exposure with the Healthcare Waste Conference, Waste Training Institute and Fluid Power Conference & Expo, all co-locating with WasteExpo in Dallas.
Convince Your Boss about the Value of Attending WasteExpo
We are in the age of cut budgets and reduced travel. But there are distinct advantages to attending an out-of-town event or tradeshow. So if you need help convincing your supervisors that you should attend WasteExpo, here are some tips and facts to help you make your case to be a part of largest event in North America serving the solid waste and recycling industry.
If you need help, review the facts below, or provide this letter to your supervisor.
Only at WasteExpo 2012 will you:
- See an exhibit hall packed with over 500 leading suppliers showcasing the latest equipment and technology in the solid waste and recycling industry that will help you do your job more efficiently and save your company/department time and money
- Touch the most innovative products in the solid waste and recycling industry
- Visit the Technology Pavilion and Trucks Components and Supplies Pavilion
- Attend WasteExpo’s comprehensive conference sessions and workshops and learn about all aspects of the solid waste and recycling industry
- Network and connect with colleagues from around the world
- Attend co-locating conferences providing industry-specific information: the Healthcare Waste Conference (formerly the Medical Waste Conference), the Waste Training Institute, and the Fluid Power Conference & Expo
- And so much more!
Tradeshows provide the unmatched opportunity for you see and touch products from hundreds of vendors at once and the only place for you meet with direct representatives as well as get instant feedback from your peers. In addition, a year’s worth of education and training is packed into just 3 days. So, when you consider how much you can get done in a few days, attending WasteExpo is an extremely cost-effective option to enable you to save your company/agency money or help them make more money.
A LETTER WITH ALL THESE FACTS AND FIGURES TO HELP YOU CONVINCE YOUR SUPERVISOR ABOUT THE VALUE OF ATTENDING WASTEEXPO 2012. Tailor the letter with your own details to make it most effective.
WasteExpo is in Las Vegas, one of the most cost-effective cities to travel to and stay in.
- Tax rates in Las Vegas are significantly lower than other major cities, for additional travel savings.
- Las Vegas has more than 900 flights per day and nonstop service from 130 US cities, making it one of the easiest and cost-effective cities to fly to.
- More than 114,000 hotel rooms are within a 15-minute drive from the airport, keeping per diem costs low.
- Las Vegas ranks #1 as the city that is
- Inexpensive to get to
- Easy for delegates to get to
- Convenient airline service
- Good hotels
FACT: Las Vegas trade show delegates spend more time on the show floor: 11.5 hours vs. 5.8 - 9.5 hours in other cities
Research shows that face-to-face meetings are an important part of our culture.
- 95% see face-to-face meetings as the key to success for long-term relationships.
- 89% considered meetings essential for “sealing the deal.”
- 82% say meetings are most effective for negotiating important contracts.
Source: Harvard Business Review
- 85% of respondents said face-to-face meetings build strong business relationships.
- 77% cited the ability to read body language and facial expressions as important to business relationships.
- 75% valued the social interaction and ability to bond with clients and colleagues at in-person meetings.
Source: Forbes Insights
- Executives and business travelers estimate that 28% of current business would be lost without in-person meetings.
- Nearly 40% of prospective customers become new customers with an in-person meeting, (versus 16% without such a meeting).
- Businesses experience an average $12.50 in increased revenue and $3.80 in new profits for every dollar invested in business travel.
- Executives cited conference and trade show participation returns ranging from $4.00 to $5.99 per dollar invested.
Source: Oxford Economics Business Travel Study; Oxford Economics, 2009
Face-to-Face meetings, including tradeshows, build strong business relationships, so take this opportunity to be a part of the solid waste and recycling community at WasteExpo.
There is simply no replacement for the power of a face-to-face meeting. Register for WasteExpo today!
Meet U.S. companies Attending WasteExpo 2012
The U.S. Department of Commerce will help you identify and meet reputable U.S. companies and interested suppliers at WasteExpo 2011. Industry specialists will help your company make the most of its valuable time during the show by introducing your company to relevant U.S. exhibitors. Just take a minute to fill out this form so we can make the most of your valuable time.
Free Business Support for International Buyers
The U.S. Commercial Service wants to help you, the International Buyer, find American suppliers of quality products and services at WasteExpo. Located in most American embassies and consulates, your local U.S. Commercial Service office can help you get the most out of WasteExpo. If you are planning to visit WasteExpo as a representative of a qualified company*, you are automatically eligible to attend under the auspices of the U.S. Commercial Service as part of an official Embassy/Consulate Delegation - even if you prefer to travel alone.
Benefits Available to Delegation Members
- Friendly, local language support available on Tuesday and Wednesday
- Free exhibit hall admission
- Free assistance arranging and scheduling appointments with U.S. exhibitors and companies before and during the show
What will you see?
More than 500 exhibiting companies displaying the latest solid waste and recycling equipment to 11,400 industry participants from 66 countries. The exhibition floor will be divided into three product concentration areas for the convenience of buyers, as follows:
- Recycling/Processing & Composting – including balers, compactors, conveyors, magnetic and other separators, recycling systems, trommels, screens, etc.
- Landfill Management – including earth moving equipment, compactors, grinders, tub grinders, hammer mills, row turners, gas collection & treatment equipment, leachate collection treatment, etc.
- Collection/Transfer – mobile collection, containment and transport equipment, transfer station equipment, loaders and lifter tractors, trucks and related parts & equipment, etc.
Additional products found on the WasteExpo exhibit hall floor include:
- Truck Components & Supplies
- Hydraulics & Pneumatics
A networking opportunity for international buyers and sponsoring companies will be helt at the Dallas Center, Tuesday, May 10 from 5:15 pm 6:16 pm
- Sponsored by Golder Associates, Inc., Harris, and Marathon Equipment/NEXGEN.
For updated information, visit our website www.wasteexpo.com in the coming months or stop by the International Business Center at WasteExpo 2011 in Dallas.
What is available?
International Business Center (IBC) – A special lounge for welcomingand registering international visitors in the Dallas Convention Center. The lounge will be open during registration hours and provide the following services:
- Special registration area staffed with multilingual registration personnel
- Lounge setting for networking and a place to meet up with your colleagues/partners
- Conference rooms for U.S. exhibitors to meet with international buyers
- Export counselling by Department of Commerce staff
- Matchmaking services between U.S. exhibitors and international buyers to discuss exporting or joint ventures
- Personal/private meetings/demonstrations arranged with specific vendors of interest to international buyers
- Interpreters available for conducting business meetings on Tuesday and Wednesday
- An export directory listing exhibitors business objectives and regions of interest
Summary of WasteExpo’s 2012 Green initiatives
- Utilization of Paperless Technology:
- Exhibitor Manual on CD-rom with hard copies available for those who really want them
- Greater utilization of the WasteExpo website to post important communications, documents, etc
- Sending electronic surveys rather than paper-based research to garner customer feedback
- Development of marketing communications, onsite signage, etc via online technology
- Greater utilization of online floorplans rather than paper-based
- GES working towards more online ordering functionality
- Greater reliance on email marketing, online registration, email exhibitor communication bulletins, etc – thereby cutting down on printed materials and waste
- Providing exhibitors with PDFs of VIP passes for distribution to customers/prospects
- Urge Convention Centers and Hotels to provide for recycling bins as well as trash bins
- Develop relationships with vendor companies who share our same environmental commitment
- WasteExpo will support Convention Center and hotel efforts to conserve energy, water, etc
- WasteExpo will re-purpose as many signs, banners, etc from year to year
- Recycling programs – paper, cardboard, aluminum, wood, plastic, plexi-glass, ink cartridges
- Use of natural gas to power indoor vehicles – forklifts, boomlifts, etc
- Use Energy Star approved T8 lighting in entrance units, light boxes, registration counters, booth displays
- Biodegradable trash can liners and wastebaskets made from 100% recycled materials
- Use water-based inks in all ID signs printers
- Recycle signage substrates using it for packing and shipping materials
- Vinyl table covers for 4’, 6’ and 8’ tables – the vinyl is 100% recyclable as is the corrugated packaging they come in
- Use wood-based “Fribrex” product for panel inserts
- Table risers made from 100% recycled materials
- Cleaning supplies – biodegradable and non-toxic (including mobile wash)
- Carpet programs –
- Aisle carpet will be cleaned and re-used until it shows wear
- When can no longer be re-used, re-cycled for other uses i.e. covering dollies, lining crates and manufactured into flooring by 3rd parties
- Echo aisle carpet that is 100% recyclable and made from 25% post industrial recycled content
- Carpet padding – uses padding made from 100% recycling synthetic fibers; used from show to show and then recycled
The Exhibit Hall
WasteExpo is your best opportunity to see and compare all of the latest equipment and technology in the waste and recycling industry, all at one time, under one roof, saving you time and money. With more than 500 Exhibitors, you’re bound to find what you’re looking for, making WasteExpo the ONE trip you need to make all year.
Visitors to WasteExpo know the Exhibit Hall is the place where they can find the quality suppliers and solutions providers to help them accomplish their objectives.
Event Type: Conference/Seminar
Date: Apr. 30, 2012 - May 3, 2012
Venue: Las Vegas Convention Center
Location: Las Vegas, NV, USA
For more details please visit: Waste Expo 2012